Our Response to COVID-19
June 18th Update:
After much prayer and planning, we are excited to announce a special, free event this summer! As many of you know, we have been able to open up for our summer camps, and we cannot think of a time that these camps are more needed to provide practical teaching, hands-on instruction, and life-changing learning in the communicative arts through engaging and entertaining activities.
In addition to the camps, we will be having a special free event running July 3 – August 1: A Peep Behind the Scenes in Concert. A smaller ensemble from the original A Peep Behind the Scenes cast will be sharing songs and highlights from the full production. We do hope you can join us for an inspirational and uplifting time!
We are continuing to monitor the advice and announcements made by our Governor, the CDC, and the SC Health Department as we move forward. Extra precautions and steps are being taken to ensure that each person will have the best experience possible. These steps include, but are not limited to:
- Installation of air purifiers in all main areas where people will be
- Increased efforts to clean, sanitize and disinfect all surfaces where people will be
- Practicing social distancing when possible
- Extra cleaning training for staff
- Health monitoring
- Asking those that feel ill or have had any fever, cough, or cold symptoms within the last 14 days to please stay home
- Daily checking for signs and symptoms
- Promoting healthy hygiene habits
- Blocking off seats to maintain social distancing for seating in our auditorium.
If you have any further questions about our health policies and guidelines, please direct those to information@theAcademyofArts.